Monday 7 December 2009


This evening I have been to my choir rehearsal, we are getting ready for our Christmas concert, which is just over a week away. I had a hectic afternoon shopping, dashed home and made dinner for the children then dashed back to town for my evening of singing, and oh how glad I was to have made the effort. The joy that singing gives is a miracle indeed. I am not blessed with a great voice but I can hold a tune which is enough... Learning new harmonies to well know carols and Christmas songs has been a challenge, but worth it, more than once this evening I had a 'hair on the back of my neck moment'. A wonderful thing. My advice to you, find a choir or a singing group join and it will sooth your soul, I promise!


What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace.
Agnes M. Pharo

1 comment:

  1. Oh I so agree with you. Some of my most joyous times are singing with a group or choir. I am missing that right now. perhaps you have encouraged me to sign up again!

    ReplyDelete